Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Legal Load Limit

On Sunday I discovered my limit.  I have the ability to pour five buckets of vinaigrette - which amounted to 13 cases - in one afternoon.  I spent four hours at my part-time part-time job, and by the end of the afternoon I had burned the skin along my left index finger from the heat gun and practically torn the skin on the meaty part of my right palm from tightening the lids on 156 bottles.  I'm sure I had huckleberry vinaigrette in my hair.  It was all fun and games.

I also discovered on Sunday, after emailing a picture of one of the panels, that we are a go for the triptych.  I've been holding off on that middle panel until Andrew told me whether he likes the concept, and I have been afraid to send him a picture for fear he would hate it.  He didn't hate it.

I listed a few new things on my Etsy store.  When the weather gets better and we have some sunshine around here I will be retaking a bunch of my photos.  Hey - speaking of photos - that postcard tester I did turned out pretty good.  If I ever have a few spare dollars I'm going to have some notecards printed.  But getting back to Etsy, the first painting was intended to be something else, but the something else part didn't fit onto the canvas.  I need to start again with a bigger canvas.  I still liked this one, tho:


The background is wrinkly and crackly and interesting.

The other three pieces are ACEOs, which stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals."  Here is your lesson of the day, pilfered directly from Wikipedia:

Artist trading cards (or ATCs) are miniature works of art about the same size as modern trading cards baseball cards,[1] or 212 by 312 inches (63 mm × 89 mm),[2] small enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets.[3] The ATC movement developed out of the mail art movement and has its origins in Switzerland.[4] Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. The cards are usually traded or exchanged. When sold, they are usually referred to as art card editions and originals (ACEOs).

 An offshoot of artist trading cards are Art Cards, Editions and Originals (ACEOs), which originated when some artists began to create cards to sell, in addition to trading among themselves. Many ACEOs are sold on internet auction sites, such as eBay. As the term suggests, ACEOs may be small original works of art, or editions of small prints.

There you go.  And here are my current ACEOs.  They are spin-offs from my Midnight series, so they are all Midnight Pears:




Wee art.

My internet service at home is getting upgraded today.  Actually, the tenants in my landlords' house are having their internet service upgraded, and they say they will install a new router, a booster, and give me their password.  When this comes to pass, it will bring good things.  My eyeballs are getting all wonky from having to do most of my internet reading on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment