Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left

Yep, still stuck on Andrew Bird.  That's the title to one of his songs.

Speaking of none of that, what is it called when you sneeze and burp at the same time?  A snurp?

And speaking of none of THAT, it was very cold last night, and not much warmer today.  It has been a quiet day in Lake Wobegon.  Poodle spent some quality time with her dragon:



I am still trying to figure out how the middle panel of my vertical triptych is going to work.  I've got all the paint now, but am still struggling with logistics.  I hope to have a finished product by middle of the coming week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything up there (insert "up" arrow here) was written on Saturday while I was at work.  Now, 'tis Sunday eve and we have had a lovely day at home.  Even though it is colder than COLD outside, we went for a walk and ended up playing with the neighbor:





They had a ball.  Normally Jasmine won't let me go near her but today she ran right over and let me scratch her ears.  I think she is lonely.

Next we went to say hello to some other neighbors.  This one I named Ginger Pony:


Here is the truck I am obsessed with.  It just looks so cool out there, no matter the season:


My camera has some cool filters built in.  I like this one best:






I can't believe it has taken me this long to mention, but on Wednesday I gave myself a gold star.  A big, frickin' spangly gold star.  After work poodle-face went home with Derek and I went to the laundromat.  Threw one load in to cook, then drove my sad, sorry self up to the gym.  Yes I did.  Ran three miles on the treadmill.  My running shoes were so happy to see me they practically wept.  I gave myself a time limit of 35 minutes.  I figured since this was the first time I have done anything in the physical fitness realm in, oh, let's just say months, I should cut myself some slack.  Plus, I walked the first five minutes.  Needless to say, I squeaked by in 34:04.  No, I did not shoot off the back of the treadmill at any time during those 34 minutes. And when I was finished, I did not whoop out loud, nor did I high-five everyone in the gym.  All three of them.  But I felt pretty dang proud of myself.  Now I need to do it again....

And in the art department, I've got three new pieces finished but their pictures are all still in the camera.  Here is one of them when he was still naked:


I haven't done one of these in ages; the finished piece is very sweet.  I will show you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment