Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14

I ate more than half a pound of bacon today.  It just seemed like the right thing to do.  Earlier I was asking myself why I didn't eat the whole pound, but I'm saving the rest for lunch tomorrow.  I didn't leave home at all today, so I have practically nothing to take for lunch tomorrow.  It will be bacon.  And an apple.  And two biscuits made from eggs, butter, coconut flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder.  They are quite tasty.  But somebody needs to go to the grocery store, stat.

We got something like 6 - 8 inches of snow over the past two days.  I shoveled the deck upstairs while Roxie and Bones played in the fluff.  Bones belongs to my neighbors - the tenants in my landlords' house.  He is about 10 months old - maybe a yellow lab.  He is probably zonked out right now, sleeping the sleep of the righteous.  And poodle is taking out all of her toys and rearranging the furniture.  *sigh*  My kid has loads of energy.

Anyway, here are the three new pieces I've got so far.  The first is my favorite:


Remember a million years ago when I mentioned Marla, a client of ours from Texas?  She bought the first painting I sold - ages ago - and it was a snowman like this.  Hers was on a panel and she put it on an easel as is (no frame).  This one is on a canvas so it doesn't need a frame.



Marla was in the gallery this week so I've been thinking of snowmen.  Plus, we got a bunch of snow.  Plus, in that heap of paint I ordered there is a lovely color I wanted to use.  It's this one, but in real life it's a tad more violet than blue.

This next one is also a wee canvas.  Another poodle.  Ish.  It's poodle-ish:


And lastly, I'm not sure what happened here.  I had an idea, but it wasn't working out the way I saw it in my head.  One swish of the palette knife, and it turned into something else instead.  Sort of an anti-Valentine.  I may have to name it "Torn Asunder."  You decide:


See what I mean?  It's a curiosity.

P.S.  Today was day 14 of my 21 Day Sugar Detox.  Two weeks down, one to go.  Remarkably, it has been pretty easy.  I've had intermittent mild cravings for a Three Musketeers Bar, but nothing else.  I will have one on day 22, then right back at another 21 days.  Try it - it's good for you.  We can do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment