Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Breaking news ... or not

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but in my defense there has been no breaking news.  Unless you count the beautiful pottery bowl I broke on Sunday.  *sigh*  It was my fave.  I'm going to keep using it as long as I can - a big piece broke off the lip but the bowl itself is still good.  With my luck I will be sitting on the couch one night, with something steaming hot in the bowl on my lap, and it will crack into a million pieces.  That'll be awesome.

Also in my defense, I am still totally without internet service at home.  I wait patiently.

Last night I picked up a sketch book leaning against the ottoman that is currently acting as my coffee table and sat down to draw a weird idea.  I'm sitting with the book on my lap, pencil in hand, and something catches my eye.  I don't know if I have mentioned it in the past, but I had a friend in high school named April, and April's mother saw negative people.  She saw people who weren't really there.  I, however, see negative spiders.  I will see something moving on the floor out of the corner of my eye, but when I whip my head around - nothing is there.  Last night it was a little different story.  A REAL LIVE spider was sitting in my lap with the sketch book.  Yeah, I did some crazy cool circus tricks trying to levitate away from that sucker.  Poor Roxie was startled out of a dead sleep when I shrieked.  That spider was big.  So big, I could practically see it giving me the finger as it ran under the couch.  Or maybe it was Charles - he's still around.  Anyway, my heart was pounding like nobody's business.  I'm getting a little adrenaline rush right now just thinking about it.  Creepy gross.  Gotta change the subject.

No new pictures today - maybe tomorrow.  I've been working on resurrecting cvbead and it has been incredibly time consuming.  More on that later.  Right now I've got to get back to the IRS website and finish filling out my SS-4....

No comments:

Post a Comment