Saturday, December 29, 2012

Year Three Commences

My blogiversary was yesterday.  Or the day before - I can't remember.  We have now entered my third year as a blogger and I would like to say that it is only going to get better from here on out.  Except yesterday I came into work and told Derek I think I've shot my wad as an artist.  I got nothin' left.  I have two canvas panels at home and I can't even figure out what to do with the background of those - one I've painted over twice and the other one I've repainted three times.  Derek said, "Well, it was good while it lasted."

Turns out I had at least one more painting left in me, which I finished last night.  I'll show you that one in a minute.  First, here are a couple from the other day.


Another pear for the "Midnight" series.  I like the first one better, but this isn't too shabby.  I've also got another baby water dragon:


He needs a name and a story.  If you know any kids who can help out in that department, I'm all ears.


Poodle was re-arranging the furniture.  Actually, she was organizing the pile of dog coats on the furniture.  Oh, and I guess that's my coat, too.  She is very helpful around the house.

I really finished two paintings last night.  The first is called, at least for now, "Top Heavy" and it is on the canvas panel that I repainted several times.  This isn't my best work - it's more a texture study than anything else - but it's growing on me.  In the pictures you can't really see how it looks kinda crackly and crinkly.  I think it will look better when it is framed.



And here is the one really good thing I did yesterday.  Love love love.


I left the plug in the photo so you can get a better feel for the wee size of this canvas (7" x 5").  Truly, it's a lovely painting.  I would buy it in a minute but it's not for sale.  I'm giving it to myself as a blogiversary present.  Happy happy, poodle poodle.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to buy that pear!
    Will it be in your Esty store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, yes it will! As soon as I find a frame for it, but I think I've got the perfect one at work.

      Delete