Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And again. And again. And again.

Why does poodle always look so sad?


You may not know this, but I have been threatening to make peanut bacon truffles for a few weeks now.  They were going to happen - truly they were - for Last Fridays but I just realized the reason why I didn't do it.  Whenever I cook bacon my wee home smells like a greasy diner for at least a week.  The circulation isn't so great in there.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but I had the beginning of another ornament wreath all over my table, and had I cooked the bacon I would have inadvertently created a bacon-scented wreath.  Again, not that I'm complaining, but I think someone is going to buy the wreath and I didn't check to see if she likes bacon.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Here are some pictures to prove that we haven't spent the last few days sitting around eating bon bons, glued to the couch and reading.  Although we did sit around reading.  My introvert book arrived - woo hoo!  Anyway, can you say f-o-r-m-u-l-a-i-c?



The first one might be called "Christmas in the Flathead."  It's a gray, gray day.  The second one needs to be redone with a brighter green for the tree, I think.




Then we have another taller tree - 6" wide x about 10" high, vs. the rest of these which are 5" wide x 7" high.  The peppermint tree is my favorite.  The purple one on the bottom was still wet when I took the picture, which is why it is lying down.  The angle makes it look taller than it is in real life.

Happy happy tree tree.

I was going to post all of these pictures last night, but discovered I no longer have wifi.  Grr.  The teaser at the end of the post was going to be this:


You might want to sit down before I mention I painted something else last night, and it isn't a tree.  That's right, Sybil came over to paint at my house again, and this is her color palette (with one substitution - I switched out the bright purple for a darker one).  Here is a piece of the painting:


Can you tell what it is???  Heh heh.

The end.

Except I had no wifi so couldn't post this.  And then I couldn't sleep AT ALL last night, so got up at 3:20 and put the first coat of varnish on the painting.  I'm thrilled with how it came out, but I'm not going to show it to you until tomorrow.  See if you can guess what it is first.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a painted wreath?
    Kinda like a sunburst?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! Getting the camera out now to take some pictures. Stay tuned....

    ReplyDelete