Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stuck between a tree and a penguin

First I need to mention that I decorated my Christmas tree a little bit more.  I added a tree topper.  Here is a series of pictures (pre-topper) so you can better appreciate the magnitude of the tree's size.

 




In this last picture I am standing literally right inside my front door.  Panning to the right a tiny bit would show you the rest of my kitchen/art studio.  Now, here is the new tree topper:


It's vintage.  And hecho en Colombia, which is why I snagged it when someone donated a box of old ornaments to the Festival of Trees.  I have three of them - this green one and two yellow ones.  Here is my holiday self-portrait:


Next, in my pile of all kinds of stuff, here is a piece I am working on:


I don't know what this is going to be yet, but I love the way the background came out.  Waiting for inspiration.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:


I am mentioning it because ....


I know, he's only a baby water dragon, but that does not make you any less crunchy.

Last but not least, here is what may become Dylan's Christmas present, if it passes inspection tomorrow.  He likes penguins.


It is called "Penguin in a Field Picking Flowers."  Dylan also likes pink.  Gotta love a kid who likes pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment