Saturday, December 15, 2012

Last wreath

I forgot to mention the other day that my cousin Andrew has asked me to paint him something for his office.  WOO HOO!  I am excited and terrified, all at once.  He is an attorney in Boston, and the wall he wants to fill is between two windows that look out on the city skyline.  The space is 33" wide by about nine feet tall.  I'm thinking of trying a set of three pieces, each 26" wide by 16" tall.  Once hung they will be over four feet tall.  And I think, because of the view and the fact that this wall is right behind Andrew's desk, it will need to be a bit abstract.  Stay tuned -- this is going to be interesting.

Here is my last wreath of the season, the one I made for Eletra.  It matches the colors in her house.





I finished this one on Monday, but didn't want to post the pictures until she saw the original in real life.  Didn't want to ruin the surprise.

So.  I've had exactly 4,700 page views on this blog as of when I checked a few minutes ago.  About 4,000 have been me.

My barnyard is getting crowded.



Terrible pictures, yes, I know, what's new.  Blah blah blah.



I have thoughts about both of these paintings, but won't share them because - as it turns out - the bits and pieces I DON'T like about my paintings are the bits and pieces some other people DO like.  For example, the weird red head in the last batch.  Go figure.

I was about to say I'm done painting roosters for a while, but just remembered there is another one I haven't photographed yet.  It's on paper instead of canvas.  Hang on while I get the camera again.
...
...
la la la la la
...
...

The very first one is still my favorite.  And I think he has a new home!  WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment