Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Version 2.0

It is after 9:00 p.m. and I just realized I have eaten nothing of substance all day today.  A couple bits of chocolate, and that's it.  Hmmm.  Curious.

I posted a status on Facebook the other day about having a good idea (or stealing one from a picture in a magazine) and buying all the stuff for it and spreading it all over every conceivable flat surface in your home and then not wanting to start the project for fear it will turn into crap.  Got that?  Well guess what I did today.  Finished a crafty crafty project that I sort-of-but-not-really started the other day.  Or week.  It's for the Festival of Trees fundraiser at the Museum, and I think it turned out pretty okay.


Here are a few more pictures, which are more for my future benefit than anything else.




(Just seeing if you are still paying attention ....)



For my first effort, I love the way this looks.  Although if I keep it at home for long I'm sure I will start futzing with it.  I've already added another green ribbon to the pink ornament at about four o'clock.  The fundraiser doesn't open for viewing until November 17th, but I may have to take this baby to the Museum tomorrow.  Then I can start another one!  Same concept, different color palette.  And I have an idea for a third -- similar yet different.  That one may be a bust, so I will save it for last.

So that's Crafty Crafty Version 2.0.  Someday I will paint again, but it might be a while.  There's no room in here!

P.S.  I love my wee pink hot glue gun.  Love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment