Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Life Lessons

I haven't painted anything new in the past few days.  I have been too busy freaking out about having only TWO MONTHS to train for a marathon.  Yikes.  Hopefully the fear factor will make my legs work better.

I did learn two very important life lessons on Sunday and they are as follows:

1.  When taking the lid off a pan of steaming broccoli, there is really no need to put your thumb on it to see if it is hot.  It is.  Very.

2.  Procrastination can cause short-term memory loss.  If 10:00 p.m. rolls around and you haven't even started to make the apple pie, chances are good you may forget to put the vodka in the dough for your pie crust.  If, like me, you recover from this lapse mere seconds before it is too late, you will be okay.  Until your dog eats half the crust while unattended for a moment in the car enroute to Missoula.  But that was a different crust, therefore a different story.

Now I must google turtles to see how long it takes for their eggs to hatch, or whatever they do, and then go home to construct a turtle tent, or turtle time-share, or some kind of temporary turtle housing to mark the spot where the eggs are buried.  My mother is worried about the little buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment