Friday, July 15, 2011

The Eyes Have It

I got to babysit Zoe this morning for a couple hours.  She is adorable and looks so much like her dad, my friend Jed, that it is scary.  Roxie gave her lots of kisses, and then got jealous that Momma was paying attention to someone else.  So she gave ME lots of kisses.

Skip to middle of the day -- busy busy busy busy busy.

Skip to end of middle of the day -- Christine is lying on the floor at work, all clammy and totally nauseated, pain in her guts, light-headed, tears leaking from eyes and dripping everywhere.  Derek called the good doctor, who suggested a trip to the emergency room would be in order.  As he is making a "closed early" sign for the front door, the nausea went away and I started to feel better.  I don't know if it was the nice, cold floor or the thought of how much a trip to the ER would cost that cured me.  So far, so good.  I'm still walking and talking.

Here is a funny thing I painted a couple years ago.  I found her in the sauna.


Yep, in the sauna.  Which I use as a giant closet.  Her name is "Some people say her eyes are her best feature.  Others say her eyes are her only feature."

And here is the sign I made for my festival booth.  It will look smashing when we put it in a frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment