Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Last day of winter!

I was going to get all clever and say this post is brought to you by the letter B and the number 2, because I had two new paintings and both were words starting with B.  Then I didn't finish one of the paintings so that potential cleverness went out the window.  And anyway, I think I forgot to show you the newest sheep in my barnyard.  Does this look familiar?



His name is "Wool Coat, Spring Snow."  And I painted this during March Madness, so my artistic endeavors this month haven't been a total wash.  Plus there was the cheese, standing alone.  And BACON.



It's about time, eh?  Wayne asked if this is a painting of a bacon omelette.  I was thinking fried eggs, but omelette works too!  (As an aside, blogger doesn't like the way I am spelling omelette, so I went to dictionary.com and found that this spelling is acceptable, but it also said this, to which I say WTF?:

[C17: from French omelette,  changed from alumette,  from alumelle  sword blade, changed by mistaken division from la lemelle,  from Latin (see lamella ); apparently from the flat shape of the omelette]  )

Sooooo.  We have had crazy weather here lately.  Beautiful and sunny, then cold and blizzardly, and now beautiful and sunny again.  I am hoping that by the time I get home from work I will have convinced myself to go for a run with poodle (who is currently crying like a baby at the back door because she wants to go out and roll around in the old-deer-poop-laden grass out back).  I'd like to have one more day of running outside in winter before we spring into spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment