Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's a Good Thing

Many, many years ago we used to subscribe to Martha Stewart Living Magazine, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  In the magazine there was always a little column that was called "It's A Good Thing" and it highlighted some clever or funky project or doo-dad.  That's also the name of the BIOGRAPHY profile of Martha that came out in 2001.  When I googled the quote (actually, I dogpiled it), I went to wikiquote and found this:

Martha Stewart (born August 3, 1941) is a television and magazine personality known for her cooking, gardening, etiquette, and arts and crafts projects, and as a general lifestyle guide and homemaker. She is also a successful businesswoman, an American icon, and a convicted felon.

HAHAHAHAHA.  That cracks me up.

Anyway, I painted something last night and it's a good thing.



 

I named it "Up Through the Weeds."  We've had this frame hanging around for a bit - it used to have a different word painting in it - one I painted way back in the beginning of time that said FRAGILE.  As I wrote in the description of this painting in my Etsy store, I love the juxtaposition of a sweet painting with a rustic frame.  Yes, that is a nail hole.  Genuine barnwood - that's pronounced GEN-YOU-WINE, by the way - straight off some old barn.  We had to take down our barnwood samples at work ages ago because people just didn't get that the wood really did come off a barn.  Nail holes, moss, scrapes and scratches, light gray, dark gray, light brown - we had no control over all that fun stuff so the moulding hardly ever matched the samples.  I'm glad I finally found a good home for this frame.

P.S.  Poodle and I did go for a last-day-of-winter run outside.  I also ate about 85% good crap on that day, so there's two legs of my trifecta accomplished in one day.  I didn't paint anything, tho.  Not unless you count the 5"x7" canvas panel that I painted a solid blue.  I'm not counting that.  I did, however, cross another item off my list of March to-do stuff, but it was a small task I accomplished by necessity only.  Sweeping the kitchen floor.  I filled poodle's lunch box (it's a plastic Wonderbread container the size of a sandwich) and when I stood up my arm hit the handle of the stove.  Poodle food went everywhere.  Oops.  What a dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment