Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When I Run

Let me start by saying I just checked my stats and I have had a total of 3,461 page views on this blog since its inception.  I'm quite sure 3,400 of them have been me, and the other 61 are my mom.  Well actually, that's not quite true, because 5 have been from Latvia and 103 have been from Malaysia.  Huh.

About a week ago a friend told me I need to paint something that would inspire him to run.  I thought about it a lot, because I too need some inspiration.  And it was really hard to put into words how I feel when I run.  I had a distinct feeling in my head (you know, your basic super fabulous awesomeness) but the first phrase that worked for me didn't seem to portray the entirety of that super fabulous awesomeness.  So I starting writing the back story.  Which then became a poem.  Which I realized this morning I could whittle down to a haiku.  But ultimately I decided the painting stands on its own, distilled down to the very essence of what running means to me.  And if you don't get it, it doesn't matter.  You don't have to.  I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment