Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In like a lamb, out like a ... lamb.

Have you ever noticed that your attitude changes depending on your footwear?  Generally I start wearing my LL Bean boots when we get our first snowfall, and I don't take them off until the snow is all gone in the spring.  This winter has been so damn curious weather-wise, but my head still says "wear the boots."  Today, however, I am wearing old running shoes.  What a difference it makes.  I am ready to GO!  Doesn't hurt that the sun is shining too.

Since I have such a GO! attitude today, I am determined to finish a project at work I have been putting off since November.  I started it on Saturday, but WILL finish it today.  It involves stitching down a very flimsy silk scarf that has been folded up for a zillion years, so the creases make it a curious shape.  I can't wait to have it done.

Nothing new on the painting front, except this, which is called Cartoon Kisses:


I am still in a slump.  I thought I would be all excited about the new paints I got last week (or the week before - whenever it was), but alas, no such luck.  I got nothin'.  Nada.  I didn't submit my entry form for the Hockaday Miniature Show this year because although the artwork isn't due until end of April, they needed the size and title of the piece by March 24th.  Meh.  I couldn't think of anything.  Maybe tonight I will just slap some paint around and see what happens.  I have another application deadline mid-April so .... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment