Saturday, February 18, 2012

Staying out of the vortex

There is some crazy drama going on over here in my neck of the woods, and although it really has nothing to do with me I kind of have a front row seat and am trying hard not to get sucked into the vortex.  Although it would be more like throwing myself into the vortex.  Derek can't figure out why I am amazed at the incredible childishness and relative stupidity of people.  Apparently many of us truly never leave junior high.  I could not in a million years have been a psychologist -- human nature at times baffles me to the point of insanity.  Would it be considered suicide if you died of brain injuries from constantly banging your head against the wall?  I.  Do.  Not.  Understand.  Some.  People.  Ergo, I will be utterly selfish this coming weekend and concentrate on me me me.  And poodle.  Let it all go.  Do things for me, that make me happy, and the hell with everybody else.  This does, however, require a complete lack of contact with facebook, and we all know facebook is like a trainwreck.  It is impossible to look away.  Or, as George Takei posted (on facebook, ironically), it is like a fridge -- you know there is nothing new but you can't help checking every 10 minutes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment