Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The same, but different

And here is yet another Valentine.  This one is called Chocolate Berry Heart, and I am donating it to a fundraiser.  Their theme every year is champagne and chocolate, and the event is the weekend before Valentine's Day.



Poodle and I are holding down the fort for the rest of the week, and we are going to clean the crap out of this place.  Starting today, because the trash gets picked up early Thursday mornings.  I have been feeling overwhelmed with clutter, both at work and at home, and I intend to do something about it ASAP.  In fact, I started de-cluttering at home the other day and it is amazing what a difference it makes, even when you only put away a few small things.  Of course, I live in a space that started its life as a two car garage, so I have limited space to begin with.

I am also going to work on the feng shui of my house.  I need to clean and de-clutter before Saturday, which is the first day of the Year of the Black Water Dragon.  This is going to be a big year for me (monkeys and dragons are best friends you know), and I want to start it off right.  Woo hoo!  Someone who shall remain nameless ridiculed me and informed me I am not Chinese (news flash) so feng shui is not going to work for me, but he speaks from a position of ignorance.  Feng shui is about being aware of your environment and making it as comfortable and safe as possible.  This reduces feelings of stress and anxiety, thereby creating a more positive and relaxing space which is more conducive to health and well being.  When we are happier, we feel better.  When we are relaxed, we are more comfortable.  No gimmicks, no hokey chimes and coins and crystals, no weird blanket statements about what you can and cannot do.  Just common sense.  I'm all for that.  And so is poodle.  Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment