Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Year of Change

First day of work in the new year.  Roxie is not very excited to be here.  The sun is shining, the grass is green (and if we had them, I'm sure the orange and palm trees would sway).  Where is winter?

I am starting the new year with a variation on a couple of themes:


I think I might have a couple of my tree paintings made into cards.  I still want to spend the money for professional pre-press, but since it is a lot of money I am going to ask Lee if he can scan a couple paintings at the same time.  He will probably say no, but it can't hurt to ask.

Then there is this one, for the "curious" department:


Who says Valentines have to be red?  This is called, "I Love You Like Peanut Butter and Jelly."  I can't give it as a gift myself with heart-felt meaning, because I don't actually like peanut butter and jelly.  But I'm sure there is at least one person in the world who will appreciate the sentiment!

Here is something I learned yesterday:

In numerology the year 2012 is a number 5 year. In a nutshell, the number 5 is the number of change. We should see a lot of shifts and changes both in our personal lives and in the world at large. It certainly is an interesting time to be alive!

This is from Cathleen at San Diego Feng Shui.  I embrace the concept of lots of change in my life during 2012, and I am excited to see how that change manifests itself.  This is also from Cathleen, from her Five Steps to Successful Manifesting:

3. Let go of trying to control how you will achieve your goal. That is the job of the Universe. All you are responsible for is setting your goal and visualizing the outcome. I like to think of manifesting like a rainbow. You are responsible for creating the original thought that starts the rainbow, and clearly visualizing the outcome at the end of the rainbow, but the Universe is responsible for creating the rainbow (the mechanics of actually bringing to you what it is that you want.) When you do this, you are getting out of the way and letting things flow as they are meant to. The old saying, “Let go and let God” applies here.

Yeah, a little corny, I know.  But this is going to be my attitude for 2012.  I am going to focus on my goals, then get out of my own way.  Change is a'coming, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment