Friday, October 3, 2014

Sunshine all the while....

I was driving down the road on my way to Hinesburg today, and it was so flipping beautiful outside I thought my heart was going to burst.  Truly.  It was just that beautiful.

And then I thought I'm getting way too sentimental in my old age.  Yikes.

Then I saw some cows.



Hola vacas.




There's a spot just up at the top of the hill where some mysterious person(s) planted a cairn field.



So awesome.  In the dead of night I think I will go hide a garden gnome out there.  Seems like the right thing to do.

The foliage in Hinesburg wasn't perfect, but we did our photo shoot anyway.  Here's a contender for Delaney's senior portrait:


YES!  Winner.  I LOVE this one.  All three of the kids are very photogenic - although they don't believe it - even with green hair.  Or long blonde hair.  I want to post THAT picture of Johan, but he's already worried about a random twerking video of him that may be floating around the interwebs and ruin any future chance he's got at becoming Prime Minister, so I won't add to his stress.  Heh heh.

Lastly, here is my new painting.  I put the first coat of varnish on it this morning, then proceeded to practically drop it on its face.  *sigh*  Wouldn't be the first time....




The colors are the most accurate in the top picture.  It's yummy.

Poodle is giving me the hairy eyeball -- I'm singing along with John Denver and that requires some volume.  Oh the joys of not having close neighbors.

And lastly, again, here is my selfie with the minion Eletra sent me.  Jerry.  He came in the mail today.  It was a good day all around.


1 comment: