Saturday, September 15, 2012

Making progress

In the interest of getting out of my own way, I finished two more paintings last night.  The first is another tiny landscape.


It is called "Sun on the River."  Here is another picture, so you can see the size.  It is 7" wide x 5" high.


This is the painting that had a poodle hair stuck in it, which I did remove before the paint dried although I figure I can charge more for the paintings that have poodle hairs in them.  Right?  Also, when I finished it the first time, I didn't like the foreground.  It was grey and copper and didn't look that great.  Now -- chevere.

And here is the second one, which still needs a name.




This one is a gallery-wrapped canvas, so it doesn't need a frame.  12" wide x 6" high.

Next up, hopefully, is the one I was so excited about finishing in July.

(As a side note, my landlords have rented out their house for the month of September, and the youngest of my four new neighbor kids is Lydia, who is probably eight years old.  She came over and played with Roxie forever last night, and now I have another song stuck in my head.  "Lydia, oh Lydia, say have you met Lydia, Lydia the tattooed lady...."  Inappropriate, I know, but at least the version in my head is being sung by Kermit the Frog.)

P.S.  I named it "Orange Blossoms."

No comments:

Post a Comment