Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Holding steady at 84 degrees

Our air conditioner at work crapped out today.  Gettin' toasty in here.  And that's about all I have to report.

I have only painted one new piece and I keep forgetting to bring it to work to take a picture.  It's another Hello Kitty flower.  My creative juices have all dried up and I blame it on a feng shui issue at home that involves a burned out light bulb.  I tried to be proactive and change the light bulb, but the problem appears to be a little more complicated.  Busted electrical nonsense, or something like that.

Roxie and I went on an eight mile run on Monday.  We did a five mile loop, stopped to get a drink at home, did a two mile loop, stopped for another drink, then did the last mile.  I told her she could bag out on the last mile and just stay home, but she didn't want to.  She's a good runner.  Our total mileage for the month is 63.

I bought a lap top yesterday.  It was more money than I wanted to spend (considering I didn't want to spend any), but once I download some software and figure out how to use it, my life may become a bit easier.  I will be able to do all my Museum PR stuff at home, rather than at work when I am busy with work stuff.  I had a brief moment of technological ineptitude when I couldn't get the damn thing to turn on, but we've overcome that obstacle and today I will test drive a free program that is comparable to Photoshop.

Lastly, here is a picture of the project I agonized over at work.  Client picked it up today and I am very happy to never see it again.  It's a silk scarf and the client wanted it to look like it was just thrown down.  Luckily, he was quite pleased with the outcome.  I'm just glad it's done and gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment