Saturday, December 10, 2011

Awesome

I have been waiting to post pictures of the commission piece I did for my dad because I wanted to wait until after he gave it as a gift.  So here's the deal - the colors needed to match this:


That's my mom on the left, with Bob and Debby Burke and their helicopter.  The word is one Debby apparently uses with some frequency.  So this is what I painted:




I don't know, I think it's awesome.  The vast amount of white paint scared me initially, and I had to sit with it for what felt like ages before I was ready to put a word on it.  (And by "vast" I of course mean enough to liberally cover a 6" x 12" canvas, and by "ages" I of course mean about two weeks.)   I hope they liked it.

Here is my latest tree painting:



I really need to figure out how to take better pictures of shiny things.

Last, but certainly not least, today I sold my first painting on Etsy.  Woo hoo!  (I need to do a painting that says WOO HOO!)  Thank you, Tato -- I have a little something extra to send to you with the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment