Thursday, August 25, 2011

I need to paint.

I haven't painted anything in almost two weeks.  This is tragic thing number one.  Tragic thing number two is that I think I may need to retire my palette knife.  Somehow it developed a weird bent bit that I may not be able to file.  In placing a gigantic order with Dick Blick just now, I couldn't remember which knife it is -- their pictures don't list sizes.  I hope I got the right one.  Actually, I hope I can salvage the one I already have.

Several things have changed for me lately, none of which are really worth writing about here.  I have been unable to meet goals (yeah, yeah, what's new) and reaching for new ones, knowing I am setting myself up for more disappointment.  But a girl's gotta try.  I have also been getting ahead of myself a bit.  Again.  Note to self:  go back and read the Ryan Hall quote.  And post script to self:  heed Winston Churchill.  "It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead.  The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."

Roxie and I are off to the grocery store.  We are baking chocolate zucchini bread tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment