Friday, June 17, 2011

Haiku

The rainy, cold weather here (I'm wearing fleece today -- in June) has sapped my desire to pursue anything even remotely creative.  This is sitting on the couch and reading a book weather.  And here is the silver lining:  it is a damn good thing I didn't have a bunch of paintings in the works because they would have been over on THAT side of my kitchen counter.  And yesterday morning there was a little incident involving the blender and a fork.  I won't go into any details (think spinach, chocolate protein powder, etc.); suffice it to say my cabinet doors are all shiny and clean now.

So today I give you this.  Self-portrait in haiku.

I travel through life
with watchful eyes yet silent;
birds cry look at me.

Think about that one.  It's deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment