Friday, February 11, 2011

Salvaged Art

Okay.  In my last post I mentioned the piece I painted but didn't like and was attempting to "fix."  Half of it is still working its way toward being a total bust.  The other half, the part I really liked, I did save.  Then I wrecked it.  Then I salvaged it.


I call it Lollipop Trees.  And I learned something very helpful in the wrecked-to-salvaged stage.  I also tore it, which is why it is salvaged rather than saved, so it will end up in my private collection (and this will make it worth WAY more when I die and someone sells it on eBay).

These next two pieces used to be one painting.  Again, when all was said and done, I wasn't happy with the end result, but I liked pieces of it.  So I saved the good parts and ended up with a dyptich.  Funny - you can't even tell there used to be another piece of the painting between these two.



No comments:

Post a Comment