Friday, June 3, 2011

Chocolate Cake

So today is my birthday.  And this is what happened.  Back on May 4th I got an email from my cousin Andrew.  He apologized for being a day late, and wished me a happy belated birthday.  I wrote back to say he may have been a day late but he was a month early.  There was still plenty of time to get me a big fat chocolate cake.  Now here we are, a month later, and guess what I had for lunch today.  A luscious piece of a surprise chocolate cake, thanks to Andrew.  He ordered it from my friend Viki, and it is d.e.c.a.d.e.n.t.  Yu-u-mmy.  I laughed so hard when Viki called I practically fell on the floor.  I love surprises like that -- they don't happen often enough.

Aside from the beautiful cake, it doesn't feel much like a birthday.  In fact, I have had to make a conscious effort to be positive today.  I don't know what's up with that nonsense -- maybe it is all the rain.  It is washing away all my happy birthday vibes.

I haven't painted anything in a couple of days, but here is the ginormous pear, sitting next to one of its little friends for scale.  The little one is seven inches tall.


Yes, no, maybe so.  Still can't decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment