Sunday, February 4, 2018

Mess Making

Have I shown you this one?  I shared it on Instagram a while back but I can't remember if I posted it here:


I call this little pile of nonsense "Shit Storm."  When I pulled it out to varnish today I realized it looks like a shrieking skull so maybe it would be good cover art for a death metal band album.

Anyway, we're here today to take a quick gander at my art "stations."  When y'all come over to see my alcohol ink Valentine you can see this in person, but here's my first art space:


That's a door lying flat on top of a smaller desk.  When I moved back to Vermont and created this space I was SO EXCITED about how much room I had.  Graduating from a small piece of a kitchen counter to an entire DOOR - well.  I was beside myself.  And now look at it.  I did zero cleaning and/or organizing before taking pictures so this truly is what it looks like right now.  Opposite the table is a set of shelves that holds most of my art supplies:


When I started doing fluid acrylic work I moved to a room that could handle some potential paint splatter.  Not that any of the carpet here is precious, I just felt fluid paint needed to be contained.  So that's what happens here:


Yes, it's a bathroom.  Built-in seating for one.  And yes, this bathroom has a foyer.  I cannot explain it.  The dresser holds my cradled panel supply and the box on the floor is where my vortex paintings come to life - the banding wheel is in there.



Pardon the photo bomber.  The only thing you can't see is the shower stall over in the corner and yes, of course there are paintings in the bathtub.  Of course there are.

The third art "station" is my alcohol ink table, which is out in the living room:


Yep, what a mess.  Organized chaos.  And here's where I have some resin curing right now:


And here's my dining room table:


I am surrounded, there is art everywhere.  Happy happy happy.  And, because I couldn't wait another minute, I lifted up that white lid and pulled the tape off the sides of the piece that's not quite cured yet.  One speck of dust will need to be sanded out but here's my Palm and Moon:


HA!  Yeessssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment