Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stones and Glass

The Museum is holding their annual fundraising auction tomorrow night and I am donating (among other things - this is like my own personal yard sale) a pile of jewelry I made.


It has been a looooooong time since I have played with these stones, and I couldn't remember what they all were with the obvious exception of the glass beads, the dalmation jasper and the mother of pearl. So, out came a huge pile of receipts and my handy dandy guide.


I think I got it all figured out.  Now the problem is I'm all fired up about stones again.  I love the way the colors in certain stones are all swirly and mingly.  It's the same thing I love about paint.  Wow - light bulb moment.  I just realized that the same three things I love about paint are three things I had already incorporated into jewelry, back in the day.  The swirly colors for one, and the texture.  And words.  Which is why I made Morse Code bracelets.  Genius.

On an unrelated note, I am doing a happy dance today but I can't tell you why yet.  Let it be known a (somewhat self-imposed) burden shall soon be lifted.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment