Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love a Dog

So far it has been a so-so week.  Barely.  I had a great vacation, but now I can't seem to get it together.  There is a pile of work to be done but I don't have a lot of motivation in that department.  I need to be the master of needle and thread today (two wicked old Italian "cards" with strung beads showing floral patterns and three painted turkey feathers -- yeah, I know, painted turkey feathers) and the pile of unpaid bills on my desk is taunting me.  Loudly.  I am allowing it to feel like a very heavy burden.  Plus there is a shitstorm brewing with several downtown merchants about the Festival of the Arts and I sense I may be coming out of retirement from that committee.  Bleh.  After a week of walking thousands upon thousands of miles, I don't feel much like running.  Instead I am working my way through John Sandford's Lucas Davenport books (finished the first one on the plane home and am on the fourth one now -- I know, I've only been home for 4 days).  My wardrobe would much rather I run than slob on the couch reading.  The worst thing of all is I can't think of anything to paint.  I am all washed up.  I need a big old boost in the confidence department.

However, I do have one great thing going for me.  I love my dog.  She is such a happy camper, and she makes me smile.  Everybody should have a poodle-face, although none would be as good as mine.  None could POSSIBLY be as good as mine.
Momma loves poodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment