1. Something you need to know about me immediately: my favorite writing implement is a fine point black Sharpie. I especially like writing with a fine point black Sharpie on index cards.
2. I am all blogged up. http://framerefmontana.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-year-new-artist.html
3. In the pile of new yummies I got from my best friends at http://www.dickblick.com/ there is a vat of burnt umber paint. Colorwise it is pretty much brown, but mixed with a little burnt sienna and a couple other things it says COWBOY to me. And tomorrow it will say COWBOY to you. It is the color and consistency of brownie batter; I had to keep reminding myself not to lick the spoon. No, I don't actually paint with a spoon, but I DO paint at my kitchen counter, and had there been a spoon handy we may have had a problem. I think I accidentally flung a glob of paint somewhere - I saw it leave the jar but I didn't see it land - so we may have an altogether different kind of problem.
4. I wish I had taken a picture of the painting I did for my friend Corey. In a word, it is AWESOME. I was worried while it was in progress because it truly looked like a hot mess, but a high gloss varnish makes all the difference. Man, the colors really pop.
5. Which reminds me: I like shiny things. I think I was a raven in a former life.