Monday, November 26, 2012

On a Snowy Evening

I painted another tree landscape.  It's bigger than the last one.


It goes on forevah.....


In the interest of staying in a multi-faceted rut, I am naming this one "On a Snowy Evening."  Also with a nod to Robert Frost.  He's my go-to guy right now.  I think this canvas is 8" high x 24 " wide. 



And in the interest of messing around with my new camera, here are a few random bits and pieces of the new painting.





I was hoping to leave this canvas unframed, but I didn't purchase it from my best friends at Dick Blick, so it isn't as deep as I would like.  Ergo, it has what we affectionately refer to in the framing industry as the potato-chip effect.  It is warped.  You can see in one of the pictures above that the sides of the canvas are a mottled green and white - I had painted the canvas a dark green ages ago to use for a completely different purpose (a landscape I painted on paper, that now needs another home).  When I stole the canvas for this painting, I only covered parts of the sides with white.  I am quite fond of the way they came out, but unfortunately I think they will be covered by a frame to give the thing some additional support.  We shall see.  Maybe my framers will come up with a clever alternative.

Here is your poem for the day, by my guy Robert Frost.

Dust of Snow
 
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
 
Cyber Monday.  Send all your friends to shop on my Etsy store.  Please and thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment