It's almost past my bedtime so it's too late to give you a rundown of All Things Christine from the past couple of weeks. Suffice it to say all is well. And I made damn sure to hit my painting goal this month, with a little extra still in the works. Here's a rundown:
I've got another landscape that went a bit off the rails. Each successive piece gets a wee bit more abstract, quite by accident. You may not be able to tell why from the photo but this one is called "Snow on the Water."
My paintings are hard to photograph and this one was doubly so. Next is "Heart Full of Hope."
It looks really cool with my coffee table as the background. The next in the moon flower series is of the Verdes variety. The brighter green shades are a metallic paint.
Do you see what I see? That orange frowny face was a total accident and I didn't notice it until I was applying the varnish. Poor little bugger.
Speaking of moon flowers, I'm growing a miniature garden.
Remember AGES ago when I posted a picture of an experiment that was living in the kitchen with my Fiestaware? Maybe that was just on my Facebook page. Anyway, this is take two. I really wanted to coat the face of each block with resin but the first attempt was cloudy and I'm not sure why. So I gave up on that idea and just used resin to make the middle of each flower. The two that are standing up were painted a couple months ago and I attached their resin bits the other day. So technically they don't count towards my November goal. The three that are lying down were painted last week and I made the resin bits two days ago - I am giving the varnish some more time to cure before I glue them on. I love this resin. The light yellow and the burnt orange one in the front have cool glass beads in them, the dark purple has little purple beads, the blue block with green flower has swirly nail polish, and the earthy yellow block in the front of the last picture has lemon ginger tea leaves! Each block has four steps - background paint, flower paint, varnish, then the resin bit. I've got two more with background paint drying next door. The blocks are 4" x 4" x 1.5" deep cradled panels. Cute chunky little things. I can't wait to see a whole mess of them all together. And I especially like the look of loose tea in the resin. I have all the pieces to make some fun jewelry out of resin, tea leaves and metal parts from the hardware store but that is a project for another day. Right now I'm just happy to be painting again.
Until next month.... (Which is in five minutes.)