Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Comedy and Tragedy

So having now posted loads of photos of the gorgeous gardens up the road, I look around at my yard and can't decide if I should laugh or cry.  I've got flowers, sure, but they are sporadic and they all look like they were designed by Dr. Seuss.  There's the bee balm:


And the Lucifer:


I don't know what the plants are below the Lucifer but they are very clever.  They look like a soft, fluffy blanket:


A slight change in the depth of field and you can see the black-eyed Susans are finally blooming.  Those aren't Suessical, but the pink flamingos are:


The outhouse flowers are taller than I am.  They look like rockets:


There need to me more photos of flora butts:



And although Leila up at Crossview Gardens told me what this dude is, I forget already:


More fuzzy bits.  Leila has trees of this - I've only got wee shrubs:



Here's something that happened the other day:


Those scrubby lilac trees are breathing a big sigh of relief.  Maybe they will explode next year.

Inside, I'm working on a couple of things:



Not at all sure where that little green panel is going.  It may not even be green when I finish with it.  I needed to fling some paint around and those were the first colors I grabbed.

Roxie was working on something too:


She finished.  I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment