That's a swell name for a blog post. Most particularly because the image in the following photo is, quite literally, a page from my book. My sketch book.
What a hot mess, but that's okay - this was just me messing around.
I learned it is not a good idea to use clear gesso to stick stuff down, because even though it is clear, it still leaves tracks. Mod podge would have been a better choice. I also learned it is fun to make puffy letters with my molding paste.
I just found a small jar of fiber paste that Dick Blick sent me as a present once. I will have to try that next. Although "next" has already happened:
Woo hoo, another hot mess! It really went bad over there on the right. It's a Valentine explosion. I've got two other things drying right now, both experimental in nature. One I think I can varnish tonight, and the other is the craziest happy accident ever that involves being upside down and backwards. I'm not sure if it is done yet so I am letting it sit overnight and I will see how it feels tomorrow. I think it needs something else but I'm not sure what.
Also in the "pending" department, here is a preview of the next wreath:
And speaking of wreaths, my test postcards got here yesterday and I am looking for feedback. If you would like me to mail you one, let me know. I think they are C-O-O-L cool.
Update: I just varnished the first experiment and it is a sweet little piece. For some reason it reminds me of Madeline (the books) but I just checked the illustrations on google and my painting looks NOTHING like anything in the books. But it's the colors. You'll see what I mean tomorrow....