Friday, February 27, 2015

One Trick Pony

I was going to show you how I amended the beginning part of my outdoor art installation, but it appears I never showed it to you in the first place.  Hmmm.  Does this sound familiar?  I spray painted two louvered closet doors that Ann salvaged in the GREAT CLEAN-UP OF 2014.  Then I found a piece of 11.25" x 39" wood that probably started its life as a sheet of 3/4" plywood.  There are a lot of random pieces of wood around here.  Sometime, long ago in the summer months, I painted that plywood and had it leaning against the side of my garage between the two louvered doors (turquoise - that's the color I painted them) as the beginning of the installation.  But that plywood piece never looked right.  Turns out all it needed was a sun and a flower:




The first flower of my permanent outdoor garden.  And here's the latest installment of my indoor garden, this one painted on a cradled birch wood panel:



The angle is funny on that top picture - I've got several wet paintings on my table and I was trying to take this picture without dragging my camera strap through something else.  One of the other wet things is, of course, a flower:


Dang, those are fun.  Remember when all I painted was roosters?  I'm turning into a one trick pony again, but I don't mind because it's a pretty cool trick.  The other is a salvaged wreck of a canvas:


Wet paint, ergo no varnish yet.  But yes, the interference blue paint does make it shiny and sparkly like that if you see it from the right angle.  I will post better pictures later.

I promised myself I would finish another wreath before the end of the month, and I've only got one more day.  I was totally stuck with the silver and green one, so put it aside and started something new.  Hopefully this one will be easier.  I feel like I've got writer's block except, you know, it would be wreather's block.  If my wreath-making career is over already I will laugh until I cry.  There are a CRAP ton of ornaments left.

Speaking of crying, Leonard Nimoy died today.  He was an actor, a director, a poet, a photographer and - the The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins notwithstanding - a singer.  Ironic that such a right-brained man will be remembered for his portrayal of the most left-brained character ever.  RIP Mr. Spock. Prosper on a new plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment