Saturday, January 31, 2015

One down, eleven to go

I love not working on Fridays.  In fact, my favorite time of the week is Friday morning, when I know I can get up whenever I want.  But then the day invariably turns into some form of this:


So I'm trying to put a positive spin on it:






Roxie was right there with me, minus the cape.


Don't let the appearance of sunshine fool you -- the joy of having a thermometer that hangs in a sunny window is that we allowed ourselves to believe it was really over 50 degrees outside today, until we went to the grocery store and the jeep gave us the cold, hard truth:  7 degrees.  Ergo, the following did not actually happen:


Instead, we were more like this:


I told poodle I was NOT going to spend the entire day watching Ellen clips again (ahem) and my goal was to get to the end of the day and have something to show for it.  So I finished the next wreath installment, the one I have been wrestling with for over a week.




I've got a lot of brown to use up but I thought this needed a little something extra.  I also told myself I was going to paint something before the end of the month and although it may not be finished before midnight tonight (I've got an hour and a half), I am making progress:


I am, of course, at that crucial "I could wreck it at any time" phase, so I walked away for a bit.  STEP AWAY FROM THE PAINT!  Changing out of my favorite sweatshirt now and cracking open the black paint.  Fingers crossed.

I have graduated from Christmas music for my end-of-January soundtrack - yesterday and today have been primarily "In the Ever" by Mason Jennings, with bits of Mary-Chapin Carpenter mixed in.  However, I may or may not still have all three of my trees up - I'm not admitting to anything that may subject me to ridicule.  Actually, screw it.  Judge all you want.  I still have my trees up.  SO THERE!  I'm shooting for Valentine's Day.  Besides, I haven't had time.  I've been way too busy sitting quietly, wearing my cape, waiting for the grass to grow and wishing I were wrapped in bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment