Sunday, May 25, 2014

Take a walk on the wild side....

Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I took a walk around today and photographed my evolving flora so you can see how much it has grown since the pictures I posted yesterday, which were from two weeks ago.  I only had a couple of people stop by for the studio tour today, so we were outside for most of the day.  Taking pictures, chasing reflections, finding more garbage, tearing stuff apart.  You know, the usual.

This yellow flower wasn't there yesterday.  I swear it wasn't.


And hostas are busting up all over.  Especially in weird spots in the middle of the lawn.


I've got a flowering shrub that is blooming from the ground up.


Here is one of the buds that is about five feet off the ground:



That bear planter really needs to go, but when my mom tried to give him the boot a while back, he was too heavy to move.  Maybe he was still frozen to the ground.  Last week I planted a marigold in the front of the pot, and now the greenery in the rest of the pot has turned into these mystery flowers.

I've got loads of other mystery flowers too.  The yellow ones are on the side of the house, and the pink ones that look like weeds are in the front:



Maybe the yellow ones are weeds and the pink ones are precious heirlooms.  I don't know.  I DO know that the lily of the valley is taking over the world.


The next three pictures are of the same little flowers.  They are so dainty, but grow in the middle of the lawn.  I don't want to mow until all the flowers are done blooming - it would be such a shame to mow them down!




Roxie was trying to help me out in that last picture, using her footie to show the size of the wee small flowers.

What else.  The lilacs are not quite there yet.


Lots of the flowers here are some shade of purple.




The creeping myrtle is my favorite.  I love the dark, glossy leaves and the pinwheel-shaped flowers.  So pretty.



That wraps up our photo tour of the yard as of Sunday, May 25th.  All these pictures give the impression that I am over-run with flowers but that's not the case at all.  They are spread out everywhere, but I do have quite the variety, and there's more to come.  I've got a bunch of stuff that my mom thinks might be irises.  Time will tell.  They will probably be purple.

And now for the gratuitous poodle picture department:  someone was tired from all her reflection chasing today, and thought she would give Ruby's bed a try.




Uh, Goldilocks?

P.S.  I forgot to tell you about my job.  Next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment