Saturday, July 27, 2013

So Far, So Good

Guess what I got....


And guess what else....


Awe.  Some.  I get knocked off in the third book in this series.  I CAN'T WAIT!  WOO HOO!  It's funny how some parts of this book are very loosely based on Bigfork, and other parts are totally recognizable.  Like this blurb, from page 17:

I slipped on shiny-bright silver earrings and a pair of silver bangles that
danced across the three colored stars tattooed on my left wrist.

Y'all have seen my tattoos, right?  The three colored stars on my left wrist?  Mmm-hmm.  When I read that sentence it made me really think about how writers must pilfer all kinds of little details from their own surroundings.  And although Leslie may know many, many people with three colored stars tattooed on their left wrists, I'm guessing these might be mine.  Awe.  Some.  Again.  Anyway, I'm on page 96 and so far it's a good read.

So here is poodle:



My sweet girl.  In the top picture she looks like she is all ribs, and in the bottom picture she looks like she has no neck.  She's perfect.

I painted something new.  (SHOCK!  SURPRISE!)  Here it is:


It's 40" wide and 5.25" high.


Unless I suddenly come up with something better, this will be my contribution to the show we are having at work in five days.  It's a book signing for Leslie and an artists' reception.  Here, it's this:



I know my painting isn't specifically Bigfork-themed, but Leslie's book is about ... well, here is the first paragraph on the back of the book:

The town of Jewel Bay, Montana - known as A Food Lovers' Village - is obsessed with homegrown and homemade Montana fare.  So when Erin Murphy takes over her family's century-old general store, she turns it into a boutique market filled with local delicacies.  But Erin's freshly booming business might go rotten when a former employee turns up dead....

"Homegrown" makes me think farmers' market which makes me think community gardens which makes me think of a riot of colorful flowers.  Hence the painting.  It still needs a name.

I have a crafty project to work on today, and hopefully more painting.  And at least three miles with poodle when it cools down a bit.  Nobody has been answering the phone at my parents' house so I can't check on my dad.  I'm assuming no news is good news on that front.  And while I'm thinking positively, I'm going to buy lottery tickets today and win big bucks.  Yes I am.  (I'll let you know tomorrow how that works out for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment