Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dancing Sun

I forgot to mention the other day (when I was all blah, blah, blah about everything else) that I finished another painting.  This is one I started about a hundred years ago.  For me, it's big - 15" wide x 30" high.  I painted it, and ended up only liking part of it.  But I wasn't sure how to redo what I didn't like while keeping what I did, so I put the darn thing away.  Then, I can't remember when, I found it again and reworked some parts, and still didn't like those parts.  Away it went again.  Third time was the charm, I guess, because now I like it.  There is really interesting texture, that you probably can't see in the photos.




It is the dancing sun part that I liked from the get-go.  It makes me happy.

Since I've been feeling all crafty crafty these past few days, that monstrous bucket of beads and stones I've got stored in the sauna has been calling my name.  I might open a second Etsy store for jewelry.  Actually - true confession time - I already did, but I haven't listed anything and I'm not sure I remember the name of the store and my password.  Huh.

And, last but certainly not least, poodle is as poodle does.  She got promoted at work today.  She's our new Social Media Director.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment