Thursday, September 13, 2012

Obstacles

My fortune from dinner last night says, "No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month."

That's great news!  But I know of one rather large obstacle that has been in my way so far.  It stands five feet, four inches tall and has red hair.  Grrr.  I made all kinds of plans and set all kinds of goals for the month of September, then went right into winter hibernation mode.  My ass is becoming one with my couch again.  We haven't been running.  We haven't even been walking.  That is sad and pathetic.  I have painted a little, but not much.  Granted, life is good and I am not upset with myself, but I know I would be happier if I would just get out of my own damn way.  So that's what I'm going to do for the rest of the month.  Get out of my own damn way.  So there.

Derek got me a birthday present.  It arrived today.


Awesome!  (It's the spare tire cover, in case you can't tell.)

And here is a painting that may or may not make the cut.  I like it, but I think it might be too flat.  All the paint I used is iridescent - the background is silver and the blue in the sky, two colors of green in the mountains, the gold and pupley in the foreground are all shiny.


I like shiny things.  In fact, while this painting is in the "waiting" phase, I temporarily called it "Shiny Happy Mountains."  And now, of course, I have that song stuck in my head.  God bless REM.

No comments:

Post a Comment