Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sloooooooow down!

Time is flying, isn't it?  I can't believe half of the year is almost over.  Yesterday would have been a perfect day to have the ability to manipulate time -- I needed several more hours in the afternoon.  I finally left work at 7 p.m. and hadn't finished the things I hoped to get done.  And today I am still feeling a sense of urgency.  I had a Museum board meeting this morning, and in the two hours I have been at work since then we have designed framing for four pieces and sold a print, two paintings and a handmade table.  Now Derek has departed for Missoula for a bike repair emergency and I am hoping the rest of the day slows down a bit.  Roxie and I would like to leave early and crank out a six mile run, our first run in about two weeks.  We are getting slow and fat.  (Or, in my case, slower and fatter.)

On the plus side, today was my last meeting as President of the Board!  Woo hoo!  I didn't get to make the clean break I hoped because we tied the PR responsibilities to the Vice President's position, so now I am Vice President.  Not to pat myself on the back, but I run a really good meeting and I may miss that part of the job, but hopefully I will no longer feel personally responsible for the success of the Museum.  The pressure I put on myself was killing me.

Anyway, I started another new piece last night and if it works out it will be for a show at a gallery down the street.  Persimmon is an artists' cooperative owned by about six artists.  They are hosting a show next week called Shrines and Shadowboxes.  If my piece turns out ok I will post pictures, but so far it is too early to tell.

Side note:  if anyone offers you bacon-flavored jelly beans, RUN SCREAMING!  Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment