Friday, June 15, 2012

A land far, far away....

I sold another painting the other day and it is going on a long journey to its new home in a land far, far away.  Tennessee.  A lovely family was here visiting Aunt Joanne, and I worked them over pretty good and threatened to lock them in the gallery until they made a purchase.  I'm telling you, it's a great sales tactic.  HA!  This was the painting - "Swan Peaks."


It was in a pretty cool frame - one of my favorite photo frames we have ever carried.  Coincidentally, yesterday the guy who reps that moulding company was here.  We were talking about photo frames and I showed him my fave.  He had never seen it before.  He got all excited when I told him it came from HIS company.  Then, in a cruel twist of fate, he called today to let me know it had been discontinued and they don't have any left in the warehouse.  Ah well, such is life.  I'm glad one of the last two known to mankind is going to live in Tennessee.  Maybe I will keep the other one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment