Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hey Dad! Guess what!

Yep, I finished that piece you asked for a hundred years ago.  I'm not going to post pictures of it yet because I want you to see it in real life first.  I am packing it up today.  This one was a real struggle for me, and I'm not sure why.  I think it is the colors.  There is a lot of white.  Now I love it.  I am beyond fascinated by how swirly colors and texture and words all work together.  So if you don't like it, send it back and I will keep it!

I also painted two new trees, one of which I am going to keep.  And I'm going to turn it into cards.  The pre-press work is kinda expensive, especially considering the original painting is only 5" x 7".  But it will be worth it because I will have a very crisp digital image in a way higher resolution than I could ever need, so I can have it reproduced on anything, any time.  Maybe I will put it on a shirt....

Anyway, it is the first of the following two:



True confession time:  I painted these before I finished the piece for my dad.  Couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment