Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and, although we should all be giving thanks for what we have every day of the year, this is the time when we actually say it out loud.  I am eternally grateful and thankful for my family and my friends, the people who support me even when I am at my most unsupportable.  I am thankful for all the little things, because some days that's all we get.  Most of all, I am thankful that I was rescued by the best poodle-face dog in the history of the universe.  She doesn't always make the best employee, but she is always the best companion.  I don't know what I did without her.


Thanksgiving Day is poodle's birthday.  Happy almost 2, baby girl.


Tonight we are making two pies, pumpkin and cranberry orange.  Maybe I will paint something new and fabulous.  Or maybe I will paint something old and fabulous, like this which I just varnished very early this morning:


See, I paint something I like and then keep on painting it, over and over and over.  And it makes me happy.  A purple tree for Thanksgiving.  What more do you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment