Sunday, August 14, 2011

Time for a vacation

Just in case you were wondering, I did finish the fifth commission piece (second coat of varnish went on early this morning) but I forgot to take a picture before it was picked up today.  It was a companion piece for this:


It was the pinky color of the above letters, and it said SNARKY in brownish letters.  There is one more I would like to do before I leave at dark-thirty tomorrow morning.  Someone came to my festival booth and said if my 12 x 16 yellow flowers in the silver frame had been orange flowers, she would have bought it in a heartbeat.  I told her I would paint orange flowers in that size but I don't know if she will come back for it.  I want to paint it anyway, just in case.

Dinner last night was an absolute boatload of fun.  Derek did most of the prep work Friday night, and then he cooked 99.9% of the dinner.  (I made the filling for one of the appetizers.)  We ate at our friends' cabin.  Lisa wrote a most fabulous guest blog for us (you can read it here) and is one of the most fun people I know.  It was great spending quality time with Michael, Hillary and Tara as well.  By the time I left their house, picked up poodle-face and drove home it was waaaaay late.  THEN I finished painting SNARKY.  Got up at 3:00 a.m. for the first coat of varnish; got up at 7:30 a.m. for the second coat of varnish.  I need a nap.

I am very excited to meet Paulina tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment