Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And ... I'm back.

Vacations are lovely, but it is hard to get right back into the swing of things.  I need a buffer day between my vacations and going back to work.  Especially since Tuesdays are our Mondays.  I didn't get home until after 1:00 a.m. and once I mercilessly eliminated all the spiders I could find (Derek got the big one in the living room before he left, but then I found the ginormous one in the kitchen sink) and went to bed it was probably closer to 1:30.  Awake again at 6:30.  Oh, and my bag only made it as far as Detroit.  In fact, at 2:46 p.m., it still hasn't gotten here. 

But it was a great vacation.  I got to meet my new cousin Paulina and my new niece Ruby.  Paulina is nine years old and she lives in Evanston, Illinois.  Ruby is five months old and is of the four-legged variety.  Paulina loves blueberries.  Ruby loves barking.  All in all it was a lovely week.  And while I was away Derek sold this:


Terrible picture, I know, but the painting has been hanging over the front door of the gallery and I was lazy when I took the picture -- I stood on a chair and held the camera over my head.  Maybe I didn't even stand on a chair.  I think the canvas was 8" high x 24" wide.  Now I think I will hang STRATEGERY over the door.  See if anyone notices.

It was a good month for THREE LITTLE BIRDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment