Monday, June 13, 2011

Connecting the Dots

This is how the dots were connected yesterday:

I figured out what I want to give to my niece for her 8th grade graduation, and it was really a no-brainer.  That was the first thing.

Then, much later in the day, I was informed that I need to be more careful about what I write here, as my mother is now convinced I am about to jump off a bridge.  See "Pit. Of. Despair" below.

After that phone call Roxie and I went for a walk to check the Swan River, and suddenly I had one line on repeat in my head:

Always look on the bright side of life.

Over and over.  Just that one line.  Over and over.  Which had me thinking about Monty Python, of course.

And that took me to my nephew, Liam, the world's biggest Monty Python fan.

And then we were back full-circle, as it is Liam's sister Delaney who is graduating from the 8th grade.  She is getting Taffy Heart:


I painted this quite a while ago, but from day one it reminded me of Delaney.  So there we go.  Dots.  Fully connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment