Saturday, March 12, 2011

Miniature Art Show

The Glacier Symphony & Chorale held a chamber music concert last night at the Bigfork Center for the Performing Arts.  The galleries in town hosted a day-long miniature art show in the lobby of the theater in conjunction with the concert.  Each gallery had a panel on which to showcase works of art less than 144 square inches.  Derek decided Frame of Reference was going to show my work, and only my work.  Cool.  We certainly didn't expect to sell any of it; we considered the event a marketing opportunity.  I had a lot of people exclaim that they didn't know I was an artist.  It was a little awkward for me, but I'm happy to have had the exposure.

Here are some pictures.  The first two are of prep work and laying out the design on our work table.  Poodle-face helped.




The rest are over at the theater.  The first is a picture of seven panels representing seven of the galleries in town.  Then our panel, next to another artist.  Then the top half and bottom half of our panel.  Bad lighting for photographs.











It was a long day; I had to come in an hour early (god forbid) because I had the key to the theater and set-up for some people started at 9:00.  This was a terrifically busy week at work, and Friday was no exception.  Plus we had Alisha from Flathead Living Magazine coming in sometime in the afternoon to talk about a small feature in the magazine.  Derek was making the price tags for all 11 participating galleries before the show opened at 1:00, between the two of us we had three hour long shifts over at the theater during the day, and then the real crowds started showing up for the 7:30 concert.  During the evening we were finishing four pieces that needed to be done by early Saturday morning.  Tear-down of the show was right after the concert ended.  I got home a little after 10:00.  This morning I felt like I had been run over by a truck.  Glad that is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment