Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Soundtrack

I like to listen to music when I paint but I have been stuck in a rut.  Roxie now knows all the words to James Taylor (Live), and it's a 2 CD set.  I need something new.  I want to get the latest Mumford & Sons, but can't bring myself to spend the money.  Today may end up being a transition day, from JT to Bob Marley.  Old Bob is good for the soul.

No new photos yet.  Yesterday was a day of doing for others.  One of my friends from Crossfit had major surgery last week and is home recovering.  She has three young kids and her husband is an accountant.  Not a great time for momma to be down and out.  So I made the ultimate oatmeal cookies (these truly are cookie love) and a bracelet for Trina and took them to Crossfit.  That was the extent of my creative effort.

I do have a piece I painted over a week ago, but when finished I didn't like it.  Yet I didn't DISlike it enough to toss.  So I am working on a strange "fix" that may be a total bust.  Or half may be a total bust.  That remains to be seen.  I'm pretty sure I salvaged my favorite part of the painting -- the rest is becoming a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment