Friday, January 14, 2011

Setting Goals

I decided yesterday that I would apply to the Festival of the Arts here in Bigfork this year.  The Festival has been an annual event for over 30 years, and I am pretty sure I can get in -- I was the co-chair for a lot of years and I think that will play in my favor!  It is a big commitment:  I will need to paint a crap load of stuff, and I will need to man the booth myself, which means talking to people about my work.  That might be hard for me.  There are logistical issues to work out, too, but the Festival isn't until August so I have time to hammer out the details.  If nothing else it will be a great learning experience.  Check it out at http://www.bigforkfestivalofthearts.com/.

Of course, I also decided I am going to run 1,000 miles this year.  So far I'm 2 down, 998 to go.  Historically I set goals and then sabotage myself when I'm getting close.  This is the year I change history.  Guess that means I better hit the treadmill....

No comments:

Post a Comment